Last week we talked about how delegating certain tasks can save you a BUNCH of time. Some of you didn’t know where to begin, so I thought I would put together a list of the top five things you can delegate today. These are all tasks that are easy to hand off and will save you the most time and money to begin with. As your business grows, you’ll find that there are even more tasks that you can hand off.
1. Social Media — This is the perfect place to start if you’re not totally sold on letting go of some tasks. It’s recommended that business owners spend at least an hour a day on social media. Hiring a dedicated social media manager or strategist would save you time and increase your engagement.
2. Calendar and Email Management — If you’re like me, you receive dozens of emails and inquiries a day. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and forget what’s on your schedule. A personal or virtual assistant could save you countless hours by reading and sorting your email, booking meetings, and sending reminders to your phone when you already have something scheduled.
3. Content — Do you have a blog that is sadly neglected? You can hire a content manager or a freelance writer to get you back on track. Whether you hire them for a set number of blog posts or on a monthly retainer, there’s strong evidence that posting high value content on your website raises its SEO rankings in Google.
4. Bookkeeping — Unless you are a CPA, it’s probably best to leave the bookkeeping and invoicing to professionals. Not only will this protect you when it’s tax season, it will save you valuable time each month.
5. Project Management — Is your business growing faster than you can keep up with? A project manager is the perfect person to track progress on all the tasks you have on your plate. This helps you focus on client relations and growing your business, rather than the minutiae of the day-to-day.
If you don’t already have a team, don’t worry! I’ve got your back. Send me a message and I’ll point you in the right direction about how (and where!) to find great virtual help.
What tasks are you ready to hand off? Let my team know, we can help!
Comment below and let me know if you have any questions about hiring help!
P.S. Check out my podcast for more information on delegating and ROCKING your business!
All the best,